At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
Doctoral Degrees Offered: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Master Degrees Offered: Master of Science (M.S.)
Online Degrees: Master of Science (M.S.)
Area(s) of Specialization (will appear on all ISU transcripts after graduation): Predictive Plant Phenomics (Ph.D.);
Learning Goals that students in this program are expected to meet include:
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of scholarly literature in the area of study, i.e., plant breeding.
- Form testable hypotheses and articulate research objectives that, when met, will lead to significant contributions to the field of study.
- Conduct original research via appropriate data acquisition, analysis, and reporting of data.
- Interpret research results appropriately, integrating them into the existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings orally and in writing, and appropriate use of display items (tables, figures, and other appropriate types of presentation), electronic or other forms of media.
- Conduct scholarship, in teams or with independence, in ways that consistently demonstrate ethical practice and professionalism.
People who viewed this program also viewed:
ISU-wide: Academic Records, GPA, Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation
Application Deadlines: Continual review; no deadline for admission or assistantships; faculty offer assistantships (they will contact you directly if they have an interest in working with you), we deny admission without faculty commitment; DISTANCE PLANT BREEDING PROGRAM DOES NOT REQUIRE GREs
Program Requires GRE: Yes
Program Requires GMAT : No
|Publications list, if applicable, should be submitted as a PDF in the online application system|
|Resume and publications list should be submitted as PDFs in the online application system|
Additional International Requirements:
English Proficiency Minimum:
|TOEFL Paper (PBT)||550|
|TOEFL Internet (iBT)||79|
Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
Financial Statement: Application
Mailing Address if needed:
Plant Breeding Graduate Programs
Iowa State University
2101 Agronomy Hall
716 Farm House Lane
Ames, IA 50011-1051