Diversity in the Graduate College
The excellence we experience in our classrooms and labs is tied to Iowa State's commitment to diversity. A wide range of perspectives spurs creativity, strong scholarship and research.
The Graduate College helps faculty increase the diversity of their graduate groups through recruiting and support of under-represented graduate students.
- Recruit grants provide funds to programs and faculty to recruit new students.
- Cyclone Research grants provide resources to build research partnerships with faculty at Minority Serving Institutions.
- We contribute to the costs for admitted students to visit ISU.
- AGEP/GWC Fellowships are awarded to incoming under-represented graduate students to help you recruit the strongest students. Students must be nominated.
- GMAP provides funds to share the assistantship costs with research grants and depts. for under-represented students who are on assistantship. Students must be nominated.
- Diane Brandt Scholarship for Women
- Mentoring Program for First Year URM Students
- We invite new under-represented students to be mentored by a more senior student in their area and by a faculty/staff member.