We have a vibrant community of over 300 Postdoctoral Scholars. We are committed to creating an environment in which discovery, learning, and professional development are promoted and recognized.
Postdocs at Iowa State are...
- Valued members of the academic community.
- Trained by our best research faculty and engaged in cutting-edge research in outstanding facilities with the latest technology.
- Making important contributions to research, outreach, and teaching missions.
- Found throughout campus in disciplines.
This website aims to:
- Bring attention to valuable resources across campus and online.
- Serve as a reference while at Iowa State.
Postdoc Office Mission Statement
A postdoc appointment is a brief, intense, and pivotal time in one’s career. This office provides the postdoc community with support, professional development opportunities, and tools to ensure postdocs take full advantage of this time to develop a sustainable and successful career path.
Succeed Now with 80:10:10 – The New Work Week Expectation - A new framework supported by the Graduate College:
- 80% Maximize Output – Do the best work possible
- 10% Professional Engagement – Focus on Professional and Intellectual Development
- 10% Communicate and Connect – Network with Colleagues and Experts
Questions or Concerns – Contact the Postdoc Office