Mentoring & Advising Graduate Students
- How to Mentor Graduate Students: A Guide for Faculty
- Best Practices for Advising Graduate Assistants
- Writing Programs and Support
National Mentor Research Network (NRMN)
- It is free to join.
- NRMN also provides an online, self-paced course that is free https://www.ctsi.umn.edu/education-and-training/mentoring/mentor-training Individual faculty can go through this, or they could discuss the material as a group
- This book takes a very student-centered approach to advising graduate students, with chapters ranging from 1st meetings to supporting students’ career goals. It has the overall philosophy that we can all improve our graduate advising. http://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/G/bo14762685.html It costs < $20/copy.