Organizing Your Dissertation / Thesis
The abstract is a concise summary of the dissertation or thesis’s purpose, highlights the main points, states the method used, provides findings, and states conclusions. Oftentimes, readers only read the abstract to determine if they should read the document.
- The title, ABSTRACT, is in caps and centered like Chapter Titles.
- Do not include references, images, and complex equations.
- Do not exceed 350 words.
- Page numbers use the same font as your text in lower case Roman numerals, top center.
- Double-spaced or 1.5 spaces like the text of the dissertation/thesis.
- Indent first paragraph like other paragraphs in your dissertation/thesis