Funding for your graduate study can come from several sources. Through your academic program of study, GMAP offers financial assistance to US citizens who are members of ethnic groups historically underrepresented in American higher education.

You cannot apply for GMAP funds as a student. The request is made by your home department/program or hiring unit.

GMAP funding is a part of your entire funding package allowing you to receive a graduate research, teaching, or administrative assistantship much like other students in your program or hiring unit. Departments and hiring units may also request up to 50% of tuition for masters students giving you 100% tuition coverage.

Eligibility Requirements for GMAP

For more information about funding for your graduate education, please contact your program of interest.