Graduate Disability Assistantship Program

Funding for your graduate study can come from several sources. Through your academic program of study, GDAP offers financial assistance to graduate students who are disabled.

You cannot apply for GDAP funds as a student. The request is made by your home department/program or hiring unit.

GDAP funding is a part of your entire funding package allowing you to receive a graduate research, teaching, or administrative assistantship much like other students in your program or hiring unit. Departments and hiring units may also request up to 50% of tuition for masters students giving you 100% tuition coverage.


  • Admission into a degree-seeking masters or PhD program as full or provisional.
  • Have a disability (physical or mental disability that substantially limits one or more major life activities) as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
  • Written confirmation from the ISU Student Disability Resources office.
  • Eligibility for students from term of entry is two (2) years for the masters degree, three (3) years for the Ph.D., and five (5) years for students admitted directly to the PhD.

For more information about funding for your graduate education, please contact your program of interest.