At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Predictive Plant Phenomics (Ph.D.)
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of scholarly literature in the area of plant molecular and cellular biology. Measurable Outcomes: 1) Preparation of a research proposal 2) Successful completion of Preliminary Examination 3) Successful defense of the Final Thesis
- Form testable hypotheses and articulate research objectives that, when met, will lead to significant contributions to the field of plant biology. Measurable Outcomes: 1) Preparation of a research proposal 2) Successful defense of the Final Thesis 3) Publication of research results in peer-reviewed journal
- Conduct rigorous research via appropriate acquisition, analysis, and reporting of data, and demonstrate creativity and independence. Measurable Outcomes: 1) Completion of Thesis Research Project 2) Publication of research results in peer-reviewed journal
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings orally and in writing. Measurable Outcomes: 1) Oral and poster presentations at local, regional, and national conferences 2) Publication of research results in peer-reviewed journal 3) Participation in outreach activities
- Conduct scholarship in ways that consistently demonstrate ethical practice and professionalism.
Contact: Dai Nguyen
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Research Experience
- Statement of Purpose
- Research Publications
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 79 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 105
- December 1 for full consideration for fall assistantships.
This program is open to domestic and international students.
People who viewed this program also viewed: