At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
Doctoral Degrees Offered: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Master Degrees Offered: Master of Science (M.S.)
Online Degrees: None
Area(s) of Specialization (will appear on all ISU transcripts after graduation): Predictive Plant Phenomics (Ph.D.);
Learning Goals that students in this program are expected to meet include:
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of scholarly literature in the area of plant molecular and cellular biology. Measurable Outcomes: 1) Preparation of a research proposal 2) Successful completion of Preliminary Examination 3) Successful defense of the Final Thesis
- Form testable hypotheses and articulate research objectives that, when met, will lead to significant contributions to the field of plant biology. Measurable Outcomes: 1) Preparation of a research proposal 2) Successful defense of the Final Thesis 3) Publication of research results in peer-reviewed journal
- Conduct rigorous research via appropriate acquisition, analysis, and reporting of data, and demonstrate creativity and independence. Measurable Outcomes: 1) Completion of Thesis Research Project 2) Publication of research results in peer-reviewed journal
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings orally and in writing. Measurable Outcomes: 1) Oral and poster presentations at local, regional, and national conferences 2) Publication of research results in peer-reviewed journal 3) Participation in outreach activities
- Conduct scholarship in ways that consistently demonstrate ethical practice and professionalism.
People who viewed this program also viewed:
ISU-wide: Academic Records, GPA, Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation
Application Deadlines: January 15 for full consideration for fall assistantships.
Program Requires GRE: Yes
Program Requires GMAT : No
|Statement of Purpose|
Additional International Requirements:
English Proficiency Minimum:
|TOEFL Paper (PBT)||550|
|TOEFL Internet (iBT)||79|
Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
Financial Statement: Application