At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Animal Nutrition (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Global Nutrition (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Human Nutrition (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Molecular and Cellular Nutrition (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Have an in-depth and accurate knowledge and understanding of the field
- Understand central issues and current research areas that are important in the field
- Apply theoretical information to solve practical problems
- Prepare and communicate discipline-specific information in written and oral forms to scientific and lay audiences
- Design, conduct, and interpret research
- Facilitate learning in the classroom
Contact: Brenda Emery
Graduate Program Coordinator
220 MacKay Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-1123
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Applicants are advised to request letters of recommendation from professors and/or employers who are able to describe in detail characteristics and qualifications which predict that the applicant will succeed in graduate school.
- TOEFL and IELTS scores MUST be valid to be considered for admission.
- Program Requires GRE: Yes
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 79 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 105
- January 15 application deadline for Fall Semester.
This program is open to domestic and international students.