MS Agronomy is distance education ONLY. There is NO on-campus equivalent. MS Agronomy students can earn Agronomy Graduate Certificate after completion of 6 specific courses as they work towards the full MS degree. Students interested in on-campus Agronomy majors must choose Crop Production & Physiology, Soil Science, Ag Meteorology or Plant Breeding.
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Online Master of Science (M.S.)
- Understand the scientific principles underlying crop management and physiology, plant improvement, soil management and fertility, integrated pest management, and the interaction of these principles.
- Critically evaluate research in terms of design, content, potential application, and limitations with respect to agronomic systems.
- Apply agronomic knowledge to real-world problems via application of scientific principles.
- Understand group dynamics and facilitate the accomplishment of individual and collective goals.
- Communicate effectively with scientists, professionals, farmers, other professionals, and the general public for the purposes of learning and informing.
- Communicate electronically and utilize various internet information services.
Contact: Brenda Kutz
MS Agronomy Admissions
716 Farmhouse Lane
2101 Agronomy Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-1051
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Preapplication required for admission to the program. DO NOT SUBMIT APPLICATION TO OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS before hearing from the program review committee.
- Admission Requirements List
- Curriculum List
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: Yes
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 79 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2023) 105
- April 1 for fall admission, October 1 for spring admission, However, if you meet all the course prerequisites and have a GPA of 3.2 or above, you can be admitted at any time.
This program is open to domestic and international students.