At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Summarize scholarly work in an area of study, as demonstrated by a literature review in a creative component, thesis, or dissertation.
- Construct hypotheses and/or objectives that advance disciplinary knowledge, as demonstrated by hypotheses and/or objectives proposed in a creative component, thesis, or dissertation.
- Conduct quantitative research, as demonstrated by work described in a creative component, thesis, or dissertation.
- Interpret research results and integrate them into existing disciplinary knowledge, as demonstrated by analyses and conclusions in a creative component, thesis, or dissertation.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings orally, visually (through the use of images and/or figures), and in writing, as demonstrated by oral presentations, and by the creative component, thesis, or dissertation.
Contact: Kevin Desjean
Agricultural Meteorology Graduate Programs
Iowa State University
2101 Agronomy Hall
716 Farm House Lane
Ames, IA 50011-1051
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Publications list if applicable
- Resume and Publications list should be uploaded as PDFs into the online application system.
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 79 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 105
- Continual review, no deadlines for admission or assistantships; faculty may offer assistantships (they will contact you directly if they have an interest in working with you); we deny admission without a faculty commitment
This program is open to domestic and international students.