At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Through coursework and research, be familiar with and understand scholarly literature in the area of study.
- Be able to formulate testable hypotheses and justify research objectives.
- Conduct laboratory and/or field research by working effectively with appropriate instrumentation, equipment, technologies and experimental systems.
- Interpret research results via appropriate acquisition and analysis of data, and integrate them into the existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Conduct scholarship, in teams or independently, in ways that demonstrate ethical practice and professionalism.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings orally and in writing through scholarly presentations.
Contact: Rajeev Arora
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-1100
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Program Requires GRE: Yes
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 79 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2023) 105
- No specific deadlines. Applications will be reviewed and processed as received.
This program is open to domestic and international students.