Please note that this page is for the general history MA program only. For the more specialized PhD program, please look under Rural, Agricultural, Technological, and Environmental History.
- Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Demonstrate appropriate command of scholarly literature in particular areas of historical study as well as an understanding of basic methodologies of historical study in general.
- Develop research projects that expand historical knowledge and understanding in particular areas.
- Conduct research and interpret results appropriately, integrating them into existing disciplinary knowledge.
- Communicate research findings effectively in both oral and written form, and through the use of other media when appropriate, to a variety of audiences.
- Exhibit professionalism and correct ethical practices in scholarship and other professional conduct.
- Cultivate an awareness of the full range of career options available to historians and the applicability of historical knowledge in diverse contexts.
Contact: Kathleen Hilliard
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Writing sample to be sent to program Director
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 600 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 100 IELTS 7 PTE 68 Duolingo (approved through spring 2023) 105
- January 15 for assistantship consideration
This program is open to domestic and international students.