High Energy Physics
At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Conduct original research. Our graduate students will conduct high-quality, original research in a specific field of physics/astronomy. This includes developing the ability to understand scholarly literature, to articulate research objectives, and to interpret research results appropriately.
- Attain knowledge of physics/astronomy. Our graduate students will obtain a sound foundation in advanced physics/astronomy and in the advanced experimental, observational, and computational techniques required for their research. They will also obtain a broad understanding of other fields of physics/astronomy beyond their research specialty.
- Develop professionalism. Our graduate students will conduct scholarship and teaching, in teams or independently, in ways that consistently demonstrate ethical practice and integrity. They will develop proficiency in written and verbal communication of complex scientific topics at the level required for presenting results in refereed journals and at scientific conferences.
Contact: Charles Kerton or Valerie Arnold
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Graduate Admissions
12 Physics Building
2323 Osborn Drive
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-1026
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- GRE General and Subject Tests are optional for 2023
- Statement of Goals/Interests (if not submitted electronically)
- All program required supplemental materials are to be uploaded as PDF documents into the online application system. If for some reason you are unable to upload, you may email documents to email@example.com or postal mail to the address below.
- A limited number of admission fee waivers will be available. See department website for details.
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 79 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 105
- January 15th for fall admission
This program is open to domestic and international students.
People who viewed this program also viewed: