Food Science and Technology
At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Functional Food and Packaging
- Food Safety and Quality
- Green and Sustainable Food
- Apply scientific thinking in the analysis, synthesis and evaluation of knowledge within the discipline of food science, nutritional sciences or dietetics.
- Apply ethical reasoning within the discipline of food science, nutritional sciences or dietetics.
- Effectively communicate discipline-specific information in written and oral forms to scientific audiences.
- Effectively interact within scientific teams.
Contact: Brenda Emery
Graduate Program Coordinator
Food Science and Human Nutrition
220 MacKay Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-1123
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Letter of Committment from an FST Graduate Faculty member
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 79 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 105
- Graduate applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis contingent on the availability of open positions.
This program is open to domestic and international students.