At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. Iowa State University has a two-step application process. The first step is free and will generally be reviewed within two weeks. That outcome will determine if you are invited to apply for the second step. Students that are encouraged to submit a full application as part of the second step can update their profile. Transcripts, English proficiency scores (for international students), and letter of recommendations are required for step two.
Doctoral Degrees Offered: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Master Degrees Offered: Master of Engineering (M.Engr.), Master of Science (M.S.)
Online Degrees: None
Area(s) of Emphasis (for program use only): Advanced and Nanostructured Materials; Biorenewables; Catalysis and Reaction Engineering; Computational Fluid Dynamics; Health Care Technology and Biomedical Engineering; Renewable Energy
Learning Goals that students in this program are expected to meet include:
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of scholarly literature in the area of study.
- Form testable hypotheses and articulate research objectives that, when met, will lead to significant contributions to the field of study.
- Conduct quantitative research via appropriate acquisition, analysis, and reporting of data.
- Interpret research results appropriately, integrating them into the existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings orally and in writing.
- Conduct independent scholarship in ways that consistently demonstrate ethical practice and professionalism.
People who viewed this program also viewed:
ISU-wide: Academic Records, GPA, Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation
Application Deadlines: Fall admission applications will be reviewed beginning December 1, with full consideration of all applications received through January 15. Admissions for M. Eng. degree only made for Fall term.
Program Requires GRE: No
Program Requires GMAT : No
Additional International Requirements:
English Proficiency Minimum:
|TOEFL Paper (PBT)||587|
|TOEFL Internet (iBT)||94|
Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: Yes
Financial Statement: Application
Mailing Address if needed:
Chemical and Biological Engineering Graduate Program
2114 Sweeney Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-1098