At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. Iowa State University has a two-step application process. The first step is free and will generally be reviewed within two weeks. That outcome will determine if you are invited to apply for the second step. Students that are encouraged to submit a full application as part of the second step can update their profile. Transcripts, English proficiency scores (for international students), and letter of recommendations are required for step two.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Engineering (M.Engr.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Advanced and Nanostructured Materials
- Catalysis and Reaction Engineering
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Health Care Technology and Biomedical Engineering
- Renewable Energy
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of scholarly literature in the area of study.
- Form testable hypotheses and articulate research objectives that, when met, will lead to significant contributions to the field of study.
- Conduct quantitative research via appropriate acquisition, analysis, and reporting of data.
- Interpret research results appropriately, integrating them into the existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings orally and in writing.
- Conduct independent scholarship in ways that consistently demonstrate ethical practice and professionalism.
Contact: Chemical & Biological Engineering
Chemical and Biological Engineering Graduate Program
2114 Sweeney Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-1098
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: Yes
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 587 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 94 IELTS 7 PTE 64 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 105
- Fall admission applications: Pre-applications will be reviewed between November 15 and January 15. Full applications will be reviewed between December 1 and February 1. Spring admission applications: Pre-applications will be reviewed between September 15 and October 15. Full applications will be reviewed between October 1 and November 15. Admissions for M. Eng. degree only made for Fall term.
This program is open to domestic and international students.
People who viewed this program also viewed: