At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
Doctoral Degrees Offered: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Master Degrees Offered: Master of Engineering (M.Engr.), Master of Science (M.S.)
Online Degrees: None
Area(s) of Emphasis (for program use only): Advanced and Nanostructured Materials; Biorenewables; Catalysis and Reaction Engineering; Computational Fluid Dynamics; Health Care Technology and Biomedical Engineering; Renewable Energy
Learning Goals that students in this program are expected to meet include:
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of scholarly literature in the area of study.
- Form testable hypotheses and articulate research objectives that, when met, will lead to significant contributions to the field of study.
- Conduct quantitative research via appropriate acquisition, analysis, and reporting of data.
- Interpret research results appropriately, integrating them into the existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings orally and in writing.
- Conduct independent scholarship in ways that consistently demonstrate ethical practice and professionalism.
People who viewed this program also viewed:
Application Deadlines: Fall admission applications will be reviewed beginning December 1, with full consideration of all applications received through February 2. Admissions for M. Eng. degree only made for Fall term.
Program Requires GRE: Yes
Program Requires GMAT : No
Additional International Requirements:
English Proficiency Minimum:
|TOEFL Paper (PBT)||587|
|TOEFL Internet (iBT)||94|
Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: Yes
Financial Statement: Application
Mailing Address if needed:
Chemical and Biological Engineering Graduate Program
2114 Sweeney Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-2230