At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Anatomy (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Cell Biology (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Pharmacology (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Physiology (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Demonstrate knowldege of anatomical structures, their functions and their regional and systemic relationshiops with one another.
- Demonstrate knowledge of physiological systems, their regulation and, the fuctional units of organs and their microscopic anatomy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of pharmacological principles, classes of therapeutic molecules and how they regulate cellular processes.
- Demonstrate knowldege of subcellular components, their cellular function and their role in disease processes.
- Form testable hypothesis and articulate research objectives that further scientific knowledge in the field.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings orally and in writing.
Contact: Seth Shatto
Graduate Program Coordinator
2008 College of Vet Med
1800 Christensen Drive
Ames, IA 50011-1250
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 79 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2023) 105
- Applications for the 1-year MS program are accepted on a rolling basis, with no strict application deadline.
February 1 for full consideration for MS/PhD fall assistantships. Applications accepted year round if funding is available.
This program is open to domestic and international students.