At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
Doctoral Degrees Offered: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Master Degrees Offered: Master of Science (M.S.)
Online Degrees: None
Learning Goals that students in this program are expected to meet include:
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of scholarly literature in Animal Sciences and related disciplines.
- Form testable hypotheses and articulate research objectives that, when met, will lead to significant contributions to Animal Sciences and related disciplines.
- Conduct qualitative and/or quantitative research via appropriate acquisition, analysis, and reporting of data and information.
- Interpret research results appropriately, integrating them into the existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings using written, oral, visual, and electronic means of communication.
- Conduct scholarship, in teams or with independence, in ways that consistently demonstrate ethical practice and professionalism.
People who viewed this program also viewed:
ISU-wide: Academic Records, GPA, Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation
Application Deadlines: February 1 for following fall semester, September 1 for following spring semester
Program Requires GRE: Yes
Program Requires GMAT : No
|Statement of Purpose (Goals) (if not sent electronically with application): Include major program desired, species of interest, preferred faculty advisor(s), research interests|
Additional International Requirements:
English Proficiency Minimum:
|TOEFL Paper (PBT)||550|
|TOEFL Internet (iBT)||80|
Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
Financial Statement: Application
Mailing Address if needed:
Department of Animal Science
Graduate Coordinator, 1221 Kildee Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-3150