At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Preventive Medicine (Ph.D.)
- Discipline knowledge: Graduates should demonstrate a depth of knowledge in the topics relevant to the area or discipline or area of study, including but not limited to microbiology, immunology, molecular biology and genetics, microbial pathogenesis, epidemiology and microbe-host interactions.
- Research skills: Graduates are expected to demonstrate competency in design and implementation of experiments to generate data to test specific hypotheses or to develop new experimental approaches. In addition, students should be competent in identifying and using appropriate methods of data analysis and interpretation.
- Communication skills: Graduates should demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills ideally though opportunities made available through professional societies and closely related to the area of study.
- Contribution to knowledge: Graduates are expected to make original and substantive contributions to knowledge in the area of study and this knowledge should be disseminated by way of peer-reviewed publications and other presentations.
Contact: Tammy Krock
Veterinary Microbiology and Preventive Medicine
2182 Vet Med
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-1250
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Program Requires GRE: Yes
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 79 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 105
- February 1 for fall assistance consideration (applications considered throughout the year)
This program is open to domestic and international students.
People who viewed this program also viewed: