Animal Breeding and Genetics
At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Immunogenetics (Ph.D.)
- Molecular Genetics (Ph.D.)
- Quantitative Genetics (Ph.D.)
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of scholarly literature in Animal Sciences and related disciplines.
- Form testable hypotheses and articulate research objectives that, when met, will lead to significant contributions to Animal Sciences and related disciplines.
- Conduct qualitative and/or quantitative research via appropriate acquisition, analysis, and reporting of data and information.
- Interpret research results appropriately, integrating them into the existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings using written, oral, visual, and electronic means of communication.
- Conduct scholarship, in teams or with independence, in ways that consistently demonstrate ethical practice and professionalism.
Contact: Rose Mary Ross
Department of Animal Science
Graduate Coordinator, 1221 Kildee Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-3150
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Statement of Purpose (Goals) (if not sent electronically with application): Include major program desired, species of interest, preferred faculty advisor(s), research interests
- Successful admission into this thesis-seeking program will require a major professor. We encourage students to reach out to our graduate faculty members prior to application. Any prospective student can submit a pre-application (Phase I) at no cost. If a faculty member wishes to have the student fully reviewed, then the student will be asked submit the full application (Phase II) which includes an application fee.
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 80 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 105
- There is no deadline for applications and applications are reviewed all year round as needed with either a Spring, Summer or Fall semester start.
This program is open to domestic and international students.
People who viewed this program also viewed: