3MT: Three Minute Thesis
Graduate College 3MT Competition
- September 24, 2018: Application deadline to be considered for the 3MT competition.
- October 4, 2018: Applicants will be notified regarding their selection for the 3MT competition.
- October 8, 2018, 6:00 p.m. at 2105 Pearson: Information Session. Competitors must attend one of two Information Sessions.
- October 9, 2018, 6:00 p.m. at 2105 Pearson: Information Session. Competitors must attend one of two Information Sessions.
- October 18, 2018: Contestants need to have the exact titles of their presentations and their slides submitted to the Graduate College.
- October 23, 2018, 2:10 - 5:00 p.m.: Preliminary Heats. Rooms to be announced.
- November 5, 2018, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. at 2157 Pearson: Final Competition
- March 20 - 22, 2019: Regional Competition for the Midwest Association of Graduate Schools. (Winner must be able to attend.)
The ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex research to non-specialist audiences is a vital skill for all graduate students. Participating in the Graduate College’s 3MT competition helps students develop communication skills, allows them to share and take pride in their work, and offers the chance to compete for prizes.
What is 3MT?
3MT Committee (email@example.com):
2017 3MT winners
2017 Winner: Alex Wrede
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Presentation: Studying Microbubbles to Treat Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
2017 Runner Up: Vivek Lawana
Major: Biomedical Sciences
Presentation: Parkinson’s Disease: An Unheard Tale of Microglia
2017 People’s Choice Award: Anuraag Boddupalli
Major: Chemical and Biological Engineering
Presentation: Gels and Lasers for Better Healthcare
Video of the Whole Event
Online ISU Daily article: http://www.iowastatedaily.com/news/article_de420908-c353-11e7-8f2a-0fb7aa01a5c8.html
Thank you to all the volunteers (3MT committee, judges, time keepers, door keepers, and food set up people) that made the Three-Minute Thesis competition possible!