At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
- Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)
- MASTER OF ARTS IN TEACHING (MAT) Upon completion of the MAT degree program, students should be able to: • Demonstrate their mastery of pedagogical knowledge by achieving a passing score on the Praxis subject area assessment and the PPAT • Demonstrate their mastery of specialized content knowledge in their certification area by achieving a GPA for their specialized education courses that meets or exceeds the state minimum required for teacher certification. • Demonstrate satisfactory teaching competence by earning a passing grade in student teaching. • Knowledge of and adherence to ethical guidelines and standards in all aspects of their professional work.
Contact: School of Education
School of Education
1620 Lagomarcino Hall
Ames, IA 50011
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Undergraduate preparation/degree in sciences preferred
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 560 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 83 IELTS 6.5 PTE 56 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 105
- February 1 for summer admission
This program is open to domestic and international students.