At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of scholarly literature in the area of Microbiology.
- Form testable hypotheses and articulate research objectives that, when met, will lead to significant contributions to Microbiology.
- Conduct qualitative and/or quantitative research via appropriate acquisition, analysis, and reporting of Microbiological data.
- Interpret research results appropriately, integrating them into the existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings orally and in writing, and often through the use images (tables, figures, and other forms of imagery) and electronic or other forms of media.
- Incorporate academic concepts from Microbiology coursework into laboratory and professional practice.
- Conduct scholarship, in teams or with independence, in ways that consistently demonstrate ethical practice and professionalism.
Contact: Dai Nguyen
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Biology or Chemistry subject test score (recommended)
- Research Experience
- Statement of Purpose
- Research Publications
- Program Requires GRE: Yes
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 79 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 105
- January 1 for full consideration for fall assistantships.
This program is open to domestic and international students.
People who viewed this program also viewed: