Our programs are based on a strong mentoring model in which incoming graduate students are linked with their chosen graduate faculty mentor at the time of admission. Our programs are intentionally small to promote close working relationships between faculty and students. Given the diversity of faculty expertise, graduate students may choose from several areas of emphasis, including Biomechanics, Exercise Physiology, Exercise Psychology, Motor Control, Pedagogy, and Physical Activity & Health Promotion. Our laboratories are well equipped to support faculty and student research across these areas of specialization.
Doctoral Degrees Offered: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Master Degrees Offered: Master of Science (M.S.)
Online Degrees: None
Area(s) of Emphasis (for program use only): Biomechanics; Exercise Physiology; Motor Control; Pedagogy; Physical Activity & Health Promotion
Learning Goals that students in this program are expected to meet include:
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of scholarly literature in the area of study.
- Form testable hypotheses and articulate research objectives that, when met, will lead to significant contributions to the field of study.
- Conduct qualitative and/or quantitative research via appropriate acquisition, analysis, and reporting of data.
- Interpret research results appropriately, integrating them into the existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings orally and in writing, and often through the use of images (tables, figures, and other forms of imagery) and electronic or other forms of media.
- Articulate how the graduate program, including coursework and creative scholarship, fits into life and career goals.
- Conduct scholarship, in teams or with independence, in ways that consistently demonstrate ethical practice and professionalism.
People who viewed this program also viewed:
ISU-wide: Academic Records, GPA, Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation
Application Deadlines: January 1 for fall admission
Program Requires GRE: Yes
Program Requires GMAT : No
Additional International Requirements:
English Proficiency Minimum:
|TOEFL Paper (PBT)||560|
|TOEFL Internet (iBT)||83|
Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
Financial Statement: Application
Mailing Address if needed:
Department of Kinesiology, 203 Forker Building
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-4008