Journalism and Mass Communication
At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Science communication
- Political communication and social change
- Multicultural communication
- Media industries
- To develop an understanding of the central issues and current research important to the field of journalism and communication.
- To be familiar with the breadth and depth of the journalism and communication profession.
- To be able to communicate acquired knowledge in the field.
- To be aware of ethical issues that pertain to the field of journalism and communication.
- To develop the ability to design and present an independent and meaningful research project.
Contact: Kelly Winfrey
Greenlee School of Journalism and Communication Graduate Program
101 Hamilton Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-1180
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Portfolio (recommended)
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 570 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 88 IELTS 6.5 PTE 59 Duolingo (approved through spring 2023) 105
- Rolling examination of applications, but students who wish to be considered for assistantships should submit applications by Feb. 15.
This program is open to domestic and international students.
People who viewed this program also viewed: