At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Engineering (M.Engr.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Online Master of Engineering (M.Engr.)
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Ergonomics/Human Factors
- Operations Research/Analytics
- Systems Engineering/Engineering Management
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of scholarly literature a field of study related to IE. (MS/PHD)
- Create and articulate a research question that, when addressed, will lead to significant contributions to a field of study related to IE. (MS/PHD)
- Conduct quality research that addresses the research question posed. (MS/PHD)
- Demonstrate learning of state-of-the-art in focus area (MEng)
- Demonstrate learning of all graduate level coursework. (MEng)
Contact: Jess Severe
***PLEASE NOTE*** Official GRE, TOEFL/IELTS exam scores MUST be submitted by the application deadline, in order to make your application complete AND on time.
Please DO NOT mail any documents to the IMSE Department. They MUST be submitted electronically as part of your application with the Office of Admissions-- they handle the entire application process for the academic programs.
Mailing and emailing documents to either the IMSE Department OR the Office of Admissions will lengthen the time it takes for the Office of Admissions to receive and/or process these documents.
This could cause your application to be delayed, putting it at risk of being late or incomplete-- ***incomplete applications AND applications received after the deadline will NOT be considered.
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- In order to complete your application, please submit the following documents via the Office of Admissions online application portal. Please do not email OR mail ANY of these documents.
- 1. Statement of Purpose not to exceed 500 words, must be submitted electronically as part of your application AND uploaded as a separate document. Please visit our FAQ to find the 4 questions you are required to answer- PDF & application SOP MUST MATCH.
- 2. Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (LOR) MUST be submitted using the online process via your online application. LORs submitted without using the online eform will not be accepted.
- 3. *Unofficial* transcripts from every academic institution you attended for which a degree was conferred. (*IF* you are admitted, the Office of Admissions will require all OFFICIAL copies delivered to them.)
- 4. A short résumé or Curriculum vitae (in PDF format), submitted with your online application.
- 5. Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.
- Program Requires GRE: Yes
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 79 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2023) 105
- Completed applications are due January 15 for Fall admission and September 1 for Spring admission.
This program is open to domestic and international students.