Human Development and Family Studies
At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
Doctoral Degrees Offered: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Master Degrees Offered: Master of Science (M.S.)
Online Degrees: None
Area(s) of Emphasis (for program use only): Adolecent/youth development; adult development and aging; family studies and policy; family economic well-being and financial planning; heath and well-being; infant and child development; lifespan development
Learning Goals that students in this program are expected to meet include:
- Obtain broad understanding of the scholarly literature in Human Development and Family Studies and a comprehensive understanding of the scholarly literature in area of expertise.
- Form testable hypotheses/anticipated hypothesized relationships and articulate research objectives that, when met, will lead to significant contributions to the field of study.
- Conduct qualitative and/or quantitative research via appropriate acquisition analysis, and reporting of data.
- Interpret research results appropriately, integrating them into the existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings orally, in writing and with appropriate use of images (e.g., tables, figures) and media.
- Articulate how the graduate program, including coursework and creative scholarship facilitates meets life and career goals.
- Conduct scholarship, in teams and independently, that consistently demonstrates ethical practice and professionalism.
- Participate in professional, university and/or community related service.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in teaching university courses (doctoral students).
People who viewed this program also viewed:
ISU-wide: Academic Records, GPA, Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation
Application Deadlines: December 15th. Fall admissions only.
Program Requires GRE: Yes
Program Requires GMAT : No
|GRE is not required for MFCS degree; Copy of your CV/Resume is needed by department. Please upload within your online application.|
|NOTE: HDFS applicants are not required to complete the Statement of Purpose on the Admission's application; instead, we require applicants answer the 8 questions on the HDFS Supplemental departmental form (below)|
|Department Supplemental Form|
Additional International Requirements:
English Proficiency Minimum:
|TOEFL Paper (PBT)||550|
|TOEFL Internet (iBT)||79|
Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
Financial Statement: Application