Human Computer Interaction
The HCI graduate major reflects a broad recognition in academia and industry of the need to train researchers to meet the challenges created by today’s breakneck pace of technological progress. HCI graduate students benefit from interacting with ISU faculty from departments representing every college in the University as well as researchers at the Virtual Reality Applications Center.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Master of Human Computer Interaction (M.H.C.)
- Online Master of Science (M.S.)
- Online Master of Human Computer Interaction (M.H.C.)
- Design and evaluate systems with a user-centered design lens
- Participate in a multidisciplinary product development team
- Choose and apply an appropriate user-centered design approach
- Identify key players and organizations in HCI
- Use theories and models in the HCI field
- Describe emerging technology trends
Contact: Tiffany Kayser
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Any applicant that has taken the GRE is encouraged to submit their scores, but they are not required.
- Statement of Purpose not to exceed 500 words, must be submitted electronically as part of your application.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (LOR) should be submitted using the online process via your online application.
- Unofficial transcripts from every academic institution you attended for which a degree was conferred. The Office of Admissions will require all OFFICIAL copies submitted to them if you are admitted.
- A short résumé or Curriculum vitae (in PDF format), submitted with your online application.
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 587 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 95 IELTS 7 PTE 65 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 105
- Research-based MS and Ph.D. degree January 15 for Fall Admissions and September 1 for Spring admissions; Coursework only online Master of HCI is July 15 for Fall, December 15 for Spring, and April 15 for Summer admission. For full consideration, all materials must be submitted by the deadline.
International students who wish to enroll in Online Degree programs for study within the U.S., please contact , for additional information.
People who viewed this program also viewed: