At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- • Synthesize the scholarly literature in the area of study
- • Articulate research objectives and form testable hypotheses to address knowledge gaps in their field
- • Conduct quantitative and/or qualitative research using appropriate methods
- • Clearly communicate research findings orally and in writing for both scientific and lay audiences
- • Describe and apply ethical and professional standards to their scholarly work
Contact: Sandi Schroeder
Natural Resource Ecology and Management
339 Science II
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-3221
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- If you wish to pursue a degree in Forestry, you should begin by first visiting the Natural Resources Ecology and Management (NREM) web page (https://www.nrem.iastate.edu/) to identify faculty who share your interests. In NREM we do not accept students who haven't first obtained sponsorship from a faculty member. Applicants should contact relevant faculty directly to inquire about graduate positions. Only applications from individuals that are nominated by a faculty member will be considered for admission.
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 79 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 105
This program is open to domestic and international students.