The Engineering Management Program focuses on developing an individual’s engineering, science and management skills so they can succeed in a technology driven environment. There is a growing need for engineers that can build multi-disciplinary design teams, then lead those teams to solve technical and business challenges. The Iowa State University Master of Engineering in Engineering Management Program is designed to train leaders who can meet both the technical and managerial challenges in developing modern complex engineered systems. The program can be completed on line or in residence, part-time or full-time. ISU’s Engineering Management graduate degree is often the best option for BS degreed engineers looking to get an MBA. While 5 of the ten courses in our program are selected from the MBA program at ISU’s world renowned business college, the remaining 5 courses in our coursework only masters degree are chosen from our Systems Engineering program. These are courses that cover topics in IT systems, Project Management, System Requirements, Operations, and Architecture definition, Quality and Ergonomics. These are courses more effectively targeted to the skills and background of engineers working within highly technical fields.
- Master of Engineering (M.Engr.)
- Online Master of Engineering (M.Engr.)
- Demonstrate learning of state-of-the-art in focus area
- Demonstrate learning of all graduate level coursework.
Contact: Jess Severe
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official TOEFL or IELTS exam scores MUST be submitted by the application deadline, in order to make your application complete.
- Please DO NOT mail any documents to the IMSE Department. Documents MUST be submitted electronically as part of your application with the Office of Admissions.
- Mailing and emailing documents to either the IMSE Department OR the Office of Admissions will lengthen the time it takes for the Office of Admissions to receive and/or process these documents, which could cause your application to be delayed, putting it at risk of being late or incomplete.
- **IMPORTANT NOTICE** Incomplete applications OR applications received after the deadline will NOT be considered.
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 79 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 105
- July 15 - Fall; November 15 - Spring; April 15 - Summer
This program is open to domestic and international students.