At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
Doctoral Degrees Offered: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Master Degrees Offered: Master of Science (M.S.)
Online Degrees: Master of Science (M.S.)
Area(s) of Specialization (will appear on all ISU transcripts after graduation): Agricultural Extension Education (M.S., Ph.D.);
Learning Goals that students in this program are expected to meet include:
- Select, organize, and implement appropriate delivery systems to fit a variety of teaching and learning situations.
- Model and utilize appropriate learning principles and theories in agriculturally related learning situations.
- Select, organize, and implement appropriate formative and summative evaluation strategies for accountability and program improvement.
- Develop a foundation for one’s personal philosophy of agricultural education by synthesizing and evaluating appropriate philosophical models.
- Develop and evaluate appropriate strategies for analyzing and assessing educational needs, situations, and processes.
- Organize educational programs utilizing appropriate planning and development models.
- Organize and evaluate international agricultural education programs based upon the principles of technology transfer.
- Design, conduct, report, and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research utilizing appropriate design and analysis models.
- Organize, conduct, and evaluate activities that further the mission of Agricultural Education, provide growth opportunities for its practitioners, and foster development of a vision for the profession.
- Monitor the development of trends and administration of policies in and outside the discipline of Agricultural Education and explain their impact or potential impact on the discipline.
People who viewed this program also viewed:
ISU-wide: Academic Records, GPA, Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation
Application Deadlines: March 15 for summer or fall admission, October 15 for spring admission.
Program Requires GRE: No
Program Requires GMAT : No
|For PhD: evidence of 3 years of relevant professional experience clearly shown on the resume|
|Three letters of reference. At least one letter of recommendation should be from a university professor. Ask your university references to comment on your past academic performance, potential to succeed in graduate school, character and work habit.|
|It is recommended that the other two letters be from professionals in education or business and industry who are familiar with your overall abilities and goals. Ask references to be specific and identify factors that will help the admissions committee.|
|Please do not ask friends and relatives to submit reference letters.|
Additional International Requirements:
English Proficiency Minimum:
|TOEFL Paper (PBT)||550|
|TOEFL Internet (iBT)||79|
Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
Financial Statement: Application
Mailing Address if needed:
201 Curtiss Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-1050