The Department of Economics at Iowa State University presents a unique tradition of excellence in graduate education, overseeing a Ph.D. Program in both economics and agricultural economics.
Doctoral Degrees Offered: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Master Degrees Offered: Master of Science (M.S.)
Online Degrees: None
Learning Goals that students in this program are expected to meet include:
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of scholarly literature in economics and an ability to critically evaluate it.
- Articulate research objectives that, when met, will lead to significant contributions to economic knowledge.
- Effectively apply theory and qualitative and quantitative empirical methods to address research questions; understand how to acquire, analyze, and report data.
- Interpret research results appropriately, integrating them into existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings orally and in writing.
- Always conduct scholarship, whether independently or in teams, in ways that reflect ethical practice and professionalism.
People who viewed this program also viewed:
ISU-wide: Academic Records, GPA, Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation
Application Deadlines: January 15 of the year you are seeking fall admission. We do not offer spring or summer admission. Currently, applications are not being accepted for the M.S. degree for fall 2019.
Program Requires GRE: Yes
Program Requires GMAT : No
Additional International Requirements:
English Proficiency Minimum:
|TOEFL Paper (PBT)||570|
|TOEFL Internet (iBT)||88|
Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
Financial Statement: Application