Diet and Exercise
At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
Doctoral Degrees Offered: None
Master Degrees Offered: Master of Science (M.S.)
Online Degrees: None
Learning Goals that students in this program are expected to meet include:
- Demonstrate understanding and technical competency in the fundamental principles and concepts of nutrition and exercise science.
- Demonstrate proficiency in interpersonal communication and the ability to work successfully in teams to solve multidisciplinary problems.
- Effectively prepare and deliver technical information to food science/human nutrition and exercise science professionals as well as to the general public.
- Find, evaluate, and accurately interpret research literature.
- Critically evaluate information, including the ability to distinguish verifiable facts from value claims, detect bias, and identify sources of conflicts.
- Understand the dimensions of issues facing professionals in the field of nutrition and exercise science, including ethical, cultural, and environmental components.
- Identify important health-related interactions between dietary nutrients and exercise used to assess and design dietary and exercise programs for maintenance of optimal health.
- Evaluate and synthesize metabolic, dietary, and exercise research to devise advanced strategies in exercise and dietary intervention.
- Design, conduct, and interpret research.
- Apply theoretical information to solve practical problems.
- Submit a paper for publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
People who viewed this program also viewed:
Phone: 515 294-4684
Application Deadlines: October 1 of junior year
Program Requires GRE: Yes
Program Requires GMAT : No
Additional International Requirements:
English Proficiency Minimum:
|TOEFL Paper (PBT)||550|
|TOEFL Internet (iBT)||79|
Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
Financial Statement: Application
Mailing Address if needed:
Brenda Emery, Graduate Program Coordinator
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition
220 MacKay Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-1123