The Department of Computer Science offers a M.S. and Ph.D. in Computer Science as well as a M.S. in Artificial Intelligence. Visit our webpage to schedule a virtual visit: https://www.cs.iastate.edu/computer-science-graduate-admissions
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Computational Molecular Biology (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Science
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Human Computer Interaction
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- Software Engineering and Programming Languages
- Systems and Networking
- Theoretical Foundations
- Master core areas of Computer Science (MS, PhD)
- Achieve in-depth knowledge in chosen subfield of Computer Science (PhD)
- Obtain expertise to perform original research that advances Computer Science (PhD)
- Demonstrate ability to communicate technical concepts and research results (MS, PhD)
Contact: Department of Computer Science Graduate Admissions
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- PRE-APPLICATION: Free and only require CV/resume, unofficial transcripts and SOP. It is OPTIONAL to submit GRE and English proficiency test results. Please do NOT submit names for Letters of Reference in your pre-application (LORs are only included in the final application).
- GRE REQUIREMENT: The Computer Science Graduate Admissions Committee will evaluate your pre-application and let you know within two weeks if the GRE is required and if you are potentially admissible to Iowa State University. If approved, you will be invited to continue your application for the final admission decision. Additional documentation, such as LORs, GRE (unless waived), degree statement/certificate, and English proficiency test results (if applicable), will be required during the second phase of the application.
- SUPPLEMENTARY DOCUMENTS: This program does NOT require any supplementary material. Applicants have the option to upload supplemental documents, such as published research papers.
- LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION: Letters of recommendation should be sent electronically through the ISU application system. If this is not possible, completed LOR forms should be mailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FINANCIAL STATEMENT: Only required for international students without an assistantship offer. It is not required for the application process but once you receive an admission offer. We cannot send you an I-20 until the financial statement is received.
- Program Requires GRE: Yes
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 79 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2023) 105
- See detailed deadlines for Spring 2023 applications at cs.iastate.edu/computer-science-graduate-admissions. Fall 2023 applications will open September 1, 2022.
This program is open to domestic and international students.