The Department of Economics at Iowa State University presents a unique tradition of excellence in graduate education, overseeing a Ph.D. Program in both economics and agricultural economics.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of scholarly literature in economics and an ability to critically evaluate it.
- Articulate research objectives that, when met, will lead to significant contributions to economic knowledge.
- Effectively apply theory and qualitative and quantitative empirical methods to address research questions; understand how to acquire, analyze, and report data.
- Interpret research results appropriately, integrating them into existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings orally and in writing.
- Always conduct scholarship, whether independently or in teams, in ways that reflect ethical practice and professionalism.
Contact: Amy Bainum Emmett
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- See instructions on this page
- Program Requires GRE: Yes
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 570 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 88 IELTS 6.5 PTE 59 Duolingo (approved through spring 2023) 105
- January 15 of the year you are seeking fall admission. We do not offer spring or summer admission.
Currently, applications are not being accepted for the M.S. degree for fall 2019.
This program is open to domestic and international students.