At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore the links.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Engineering (M.Engr.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Online Master of Engineering (M.Engr.)
- Online Master of Science (M.S.)
- Civil Engineering Materials (M.Engr., M.S., Ph.D.)
- Construction Engineering and Management (M.Engr., M.S., Ph.D.)
- Environmental Engineering (M.Engr., M.S., Ph.D.)
- Geotechnical Engineering (M.Engr., M.S., Ph.D.)
- Intelligent Infrastructure Engineering (M.Engr., M.S., Ph.D.)
- Structural Engineering (M.Engr., M.S., Ph.D.)
- Transportation Engineering (M.Engr., M.S., Ph.D.)
Contact: Dawn Miller
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- CCEE utilizes a 2-phase ISU full application. Use the "apply now" button and find the degree seeking graduate application. Phase 1 is free of charge. You will answer background questions and upload unofficial transcripts and/or exam reports. Should your credentials meet admission guidelines, you will be asked to continue to phase 2, which will require additional questions and payment of the application fee.
- Assistantship consideration must be identified on the application. MEng applicants are not considered for an assistantship. Generally, there are more applicants than there are open assistantship positions. Applicants are welcome to start graduate study without an assistantship.
- Do not send application documents to the department.
- Three letters of recommendation are required.
- DuoLingo English test is accepted through Spring 2025. Required score 105 or higher.
- CCEE does offer online options for General Civil Engineering and Civil Engineering w/Construction Engineering & Management specialization. For admission and program information, see the CCEE Online Website: https://engineeringonline.iastate.edu/cceeonline/
- The GRE is preferred but not required. The GRE will be used to evaluate applicant skillsets for assistantship positions.
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 553 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 82 IELTS 6.5 PTE 55 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 105
- CCEE accepts applications on a rolling basis, however, first consideration for assistantship deadlines are as follows: Fall semester deadlines: December 15 preapplication (phase 1) /January 15 full application (phase 2). Spring semester deadlines: August 15 preapplication (phase 1)/September 15 full application (phase 2). Full applications must be COMPLETE before faculty will review them.
This program is open to domestic and international students.
People who viewed this program also viewed: