Business and Technology
The doctorate program at the Ivy College of Business is a full-time, residential program that focuses on theory and development and will prepare you to transition to academic positions at leading universities in the United States and abroad.
Our program will prepare you to conduct and publish scholarly research. In addition to excellent coursework, your education will be enhanced through participation in research seminars, joint research projects with faculty, and participation in academic conferences. As a PhD student, you are strongly encouraged to publish your work in top journals in preparation for future job placement.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Entrepreneurship (Ph.D.)
- Finance (Ph.D.)
- Management (Ph.D.)
- Management Information Systems (Ph.D.)
- Marketing (Ph.D.)
- Supply Chain Management (Ph.D.)
- Learning Outcome #1: Understanding and advancing knowledge This objective is measured through the use of a comprehensive exam in each area of study. If a student does not pass this exam after two attempts, they are dismissed from the program. In the past three years, a total of 23 students have taken the comprehensive exam. Among those students, none of them have failed to pass the exam, yielding a 100% proficiency rate.
- Learning Outcome #2: Creating knowledge through original research The measurement for this objective is currently under review. While each of our graduates is expected to complete a dissertation, knowledge creation is also demonstrated through the submission acceptance of pure review journal articles while in the PhD program.
- Learning Outcome #3: Ability to teach effectively in an institution of higher education This objective is measured through student evaluations of teaching and peer evaluation of the PhD student’s teaching performance. Student evaluation of teaching is done each semester for all instructors of record. Our evaluation instrument is on a scale of 1(poor) to 5(excellent).
Contact: Brenda Carr
Phone: 515 294 2474
Phone: 515 294 2474
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Sample of your written work are strongly encouraged
- Fulfill the academic requirements and standards
- Fulfill the academic prerequisites
- Application Form - select BUSINESS AND TECHNOLOGY for major
- The Ivy College of Business utilizes a 2-phase ISU full application. Use the “apply now” button and find the degree seeking graduate application. Phase 1 is free of charge. You will answer background questions and upload unofficial transcripts, resume/CV, statement of purpose, and exam reports. Should your credentials meet admission guidelines, you will be asked to continue to Phase 2, which will require additional questions and payment of the application fee. https://www.ivybusiness.iastate.edu/phd/application-process/
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: Yes
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 600 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 100 IELTS 7 PTE 68 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 105
- The application deadline for enrollment is January 15. Fall admissions only.
All areas of emphasis accept students every fall, except for Finance. Finance accepts students in odd years only starting fall 2023.
This program is open to domestic and international students.