Our faculty and students conduct cutting-edge research in nondestructive evaluation; complex systems; computational and experimental aerodynamics; astrodynamics; guidance, navigation, and control; aircraft icing; composite structures; and micro/nano mechanics of materials. Our department has had the privilege to educate some of the most accomplished and distinguished leaders of industry, government, and academia.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Engineering (M.Engr.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Online Master of Engineering (M.Engr.)
- Advanced Materials Systems
- Combustion and Aero-Structural Interaction
- Aviation Biofuels
- Complex Systems and Optimization
- Guidance, Controls, and Astrodynamics
- Non-destructive Testing and Evaluation
- Conduct comprehensive literature review/survey in the relevant field of study to identify knowledge gaps.
- Formulate research objectives that will lead to significant contributions to the field of study.
- Conduct quality research via appropriate scientific methods, in teams or independently.
- Interpret research results appropriately, integrating them into the existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Disseminate research findings orally and through technical and scholarly writing to advance the knowledge base.
- Follow ethical practice and professionalism.
Contact: Maddi England
Aerospace Engineering Graduate Program
Dept of Aerospace Engineering
Iowa State University
2271 Howe Hall, Room 1200
Ames, IA 50011-2271
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Program Requires GRE: Yes
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 80 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 105
- January 15 for following fall admission; September 1 for following spring admission
This program is open to domestic and international students.
People who viewed this program also viewed: