At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Online Master of Science (M.S.)
- create meeting and event plans based on research and analysis, trends, goals and objectives, larger organizational plans and financial resources; work within economic and social realities; and work within unique conditions in highly complex and unpredictable environments.
- analyze event and meeting risks and develop comprehensive risk management and event management response plans to cover unpredictable and complex situations.
- design and build a range of revenue streams and manage financial processes and pricing.
- create and monitor human resource plans to achieve event and organizational goals, build teams, and develop training and development plans for staff, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
- design program components and delivery formats and determine functional requirements.
- manage meeting and event site(s) by completing site inspections and selecting the best option(s); create site layouts/floor plans; develop the logistics plan; monitor the set-up, take-down and running of the event; and establish onsite communication protocol.
- integrate multidisciplinary social science theories to explain current event management challenges and opportunities.
- engage in critical thinking, accept new models/paradigms, examine similarities and analogies, and recognize new priorities in the event management domain.
- understand the ethical, legal, societal, and economic concerns of event management.
- visualize, interpret, and communicate event management concepts to a variety of stakeholders.
How long does it take to earn a degree?
- Median time to earn the master’s: 1.8 years (Methods)
Contact: Dr. Joan Su
Event Management Graduate Program
2302 Osborn Drive
31 MacKay Hall
Ames, IA 50011
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Copy of transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (if applicable)
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 79 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 105
- Summer/Fall term admission: March 15th.
Spring term admission: October 15th.
After these deadlines, rolling admissions will be processed based on availability within the program.
This program is open to domestic and international students.
People who viewed this program also viewed: