At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Online Master of Science (M.S.)
- create meeting and event plans based on research and analysis, trends, goals and objectives, larger organizational plans and financial resources; work within economic and social realities; and work within unique conditions in highly complex and unpredictable environments.
- analyze event and meeting risks and develop comprehensive risk management and event management response plans to cover unpredictable and complex situations.
- design and build a range of revenue streams and manage financial processes and pricing.
- create and monitor human resource plans to achieve event and organizational goals, build teams, and develop training and development plans for staff, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
- design program components and delivery formats and determine functional requirements.
- manage meeting and event site(s) by completing site inspections and selecting the best option(s); create site layouts/floor plans; develop the logistics plan; monitor the set-up, take-down and running of the event; and establish onsite communication protocol.
- integrate multidisciplinary social science theories to explain current event management challenges and opportunities.
- engage in critical thinking, accept new models/paradigms, examine similarities and analogies, and recognize new priorities in the event management domain.
- understand the ethical, legal, societal, and economic concerns of event management.
- visualize, interpret, and communicate event management concepts to a variety of stakeholders.
Contact: Dr. Joan Su
Event Management Graduate Program
2302 Osborn Drive
31 MacKay Hall
Ames, IA 50011
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Copy of transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (if applicable)
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 79 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2023) 105
- Summer/Fall term admission: March 15th.
Spring term admission: October 15th.
After these deadlines, rolling admissions will be processed based on availability within the program.
This program is open to domestic and international students.