Real Estate Development
At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore. Please note: The MRED program is a hybrid program with online coursework and an on-campus residency component. Since most of its course work is online, an international student, upon admittance, cannot obtain an I-20 in anticipation of receiving a student visa.
- Master of Real Estate Development (M.R.E.D.)
- Online Master of Real Estate Development (M.R.E.D.)
- Acquire practical and theoretical knowledge of multiple disciplines in real estate.
- Demonstrate an understanding of price dynamics and growth potential in real estate markets.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current industry innovations in green technology and practices.
- Demonstrate leadership, negotiation and successful communication abilities.
Contact: Kim Putz
Iowa State University
Dr. Charles B. Handy Graduate Programs Office
1420 Gerdin Business Building
2167 Union Dr.
Ames, IA 50011-2027
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 600 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 100 IELTS 7.5 PTE 68 Duolingo (approved through spring 2025) 120
- Admission is granted for the fall, spring or summer. Deadlines: July 1 for fall, December 1 for spring, and April 1 for summer.
Please note: The MRED program is a hybrid program with online coursework and an on-campus residency component. Since most of its course work is online, an international student, upon admittance, cannot obtain an I-20 in anticipation of receiving a student visa.
This program is open to domestic and international students.