At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Ethology (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Muscle Biology (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Reproductive Physiology (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of scholarly literature in Animal Sciences and related disciplines.
- Form testable hypotheses and articulate research objectives that, when met, will lead to significant contributions to Animal Sciences and related disciplines.
- Conduct qualitative and/or quantitative research via appropriate acquisition, analysis, and reporting of data and information.
- Interpret research results appropriately, integrating them into the existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings using written, oral, visual, and electronic means of communication.
- Conduct scholarship, in teams or with independence, in ways that consistently demonstrate ethical practice and professionalism.
Contact: Rose Mary Ross
Department of Animal Science
Graduate Coordinator, 1221 Kildee Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-3150
Graduate College Requirements:Program Specific Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Statement of Purpose (Goals) (if not sent electronically with application): Include major program desired, species of interest, preferred faculty advisor(s), research interests
- The GRE requirement is temporarily being waived for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 intake
- Program Requires GRE: No
- Program Requires GMAT: No
- Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
- Financial Statement: Application
- English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT) 550 TOEFL Internet (iBT) 80 IELTS 6.5 PTE 53 Duolingo (approved through spring 2023) 105
- February 1 for the following fall semester, September 1 for the following spring semester.
*The GRE requirement is temporarily being waived for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 intake
This program is open to domestic and international students.