Guidelines for Departments/Programs
To be nominated, a postdoc must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Work in a STEM field as is broadly defined by NSF
- US citizenship
- Member of an underrepresented minority group as African American, American Indian, Hispanic
- The deadline for requests is 15 July for fall and 15 Jan for spring.
- Nominations should include the following documents:
- Nomination narrative, including responsibilities, description of the research group, and mentoring plan
- Curriculum vitae
- Description of proposed tasks
- Multi-level (faculty mentor, post doc(s), PhD students, masters students, undergraduate researchers) research groups will be a competitive advantage for a AGEP post doc proposal.
- Nominations are to be made by departments, not by the postdoc
- The assistant dean will review each nomination and will inform departments/programs in writing.
- Teaching load must not exceed 1+1
- Postdoc and advisor must have an initial orientation meeting and submit to the Grad College a completed orientation form (see attached)
- Postdoc and advisor will submit an Individual Development Plan as a part of the orientation and on an annual basis as part of renewal request of the postdoc position.
- The Grad College will provide the following:
- Email notification of career counseling events such as PFF sessions on career opportunities, curriculum vitae writing, cover letter and teaching philosophy writing
- Email notification of grant-writing workshops at ISU
- Will add postdocs to CELT teaching email list
- Up to $15,000 of salary plus benefits for a maximum of two years, request for renewal required each year which includes a submitted and approved IDP
- Funding for travel may be requested once per academic year for up to $1000 towards conference expenses. The postdoc must be presenting his/her scholarly work at the conference.