Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP) Fellowship
The primary goals of the ISU AGEP program are to (a) significantly increase the number of underrepresented minorities obtaining graduate degrees in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), and (b) enhance the preparation of underrepresented minorities for entry into the professoriate. Although no longer funded by the National Science Foundation, ISU has institutionalized the program under the administration of the Graduate College.
You cannot apply for the AGEP fellowship as a student. You must be nominated by your department or program.
You must meet the following requirements:
- Member of an underrepresented minority group (African American, American Indian, Hispanic, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander).
- Admitted as FULL into a PhD program in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) field.
- US citizenship (permanent residents are ineligible).
- Enrolled as a first semester PhD student.
- The fellowship is for five (5) years from the term of entry.
- Changing to another program of study may terminate the fellowship.
The annual stipend is $25,000.
Tuition will be covered 100%.
Mandatory Student Fees
All mandatory student fees will be covered 100%.
For more information about funding for your graduate education, please contact your program of interest.